About the role:
The primary purpose of the Archaeological Geophysicist (Assistant) role is to undertake geophysical field surveys. This will require driving across the UK and staying away across the week, executing geophysical surveys, liaising with landowners or other external stakeholders as necessary, undertaking day-to-day equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, completing site documents and paperwork, and playing a part in ensuring collected data is of a high quality.
The geophysical surveys will mainly be comprised of cart-based (hand-pulled or quad-towed) magnetometer surveys, with potential opportunities for assisting with combined electromagnetic induction surveys or ground penetrating radar surveys, dependent on skills and progression.
While the role is primarily fieldwork based (c. 75% of time on average), it will include an office rotation on a semi-regular basis. Office work tasks will include interpreting geophysical survey data, primarily magnetometry data, and writing or contributing to geophysical survey reports.
- Minimum of six months expereince in the Heritage, Geology or Geophysics sectors.
- Demonstrable geophysical survey expereince
- Full UK manual driving license
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weathers & away from home
- Self Motivated and Driven
- Eligible to work in the UK without restriction
To obtain the full Person Specification please email [email protected]
The benefits for working for us:
MS is a diverse company of collaborative individuals creating bespoke and proactive approaches to heritage and non-heritage geophysics. With a focus on integrating techniques that provide unbiased advice and the opportunity for industry development.
The Company has grown organically from 3 to over 50 employees over the past 8 years. We work alongside major archaeological contractors on a wide range of exciting projects throughout the UK, including small-scale community surveys and national-scale infrastructure projects. We are a CIfA Registered Organisation and a member of FAME.
Additional to salary:
- Profit share bonuses
- up to 10% employer matched pension contributions via salary sacrifice
- Employee perks, including discounts at major retailers
- Subsistence and accommodation provided for most surveys (depending on commuting distance from the office)
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Additional paid leave for Christmas to New Year closure
- Additional annual leave days with length of service
- Field & Office based training
- Clear career progression within the Company
- Paid site safety certifications i.e. CSCS and LANTRA
- Paid professional accreditation i.e. CIfA
- High quality PPE
- Mental health first aiders at all levels of the Company
- Auto enrolment onto private medical insurance through AXA
- Access to physiotherapists, chiropractors and other therapists
- 24/7 Doctor appointments
- Cash back for Dental & Optical
- Access to 24/7 confidential EAP helpline
- Mental Health cover included
- up to 40% discount on Gym Membership
- Newly renovated office with fresh air circulation throughout
- Office kitchen, including Free Breakfast & Beverages.
- Travel between office & survey site included within working hours
- Easy Access to public transport network
- Discounted local train & bus fares
- Option to obtain an EV vehicle through salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Cheap, secure parking nearby